High temperature plasma diagnostics (including neutral particle analysis and X-ray and microwave imaging of plasmas), plasma heating and current drive with neutral beams and radio frequency waves, and plasma-surface interactions.
- 1990-Present: Principal Research Physicist, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
- 2004-2005: Head of Edge and Boundary Physics Experimental Task Group, National Spherical Torus Experiment (NSTX)
- 1999-2004: Task Leader, DOE Advanced Power Extraction Program
- 1997-Present: Co-Principal Investigator, Current Drive Experiment-Upgrade (CDX-U) and Lithium Tokamak Experiment (LTX)
- 1995-Present: Head of Diagnostic Operations, NSTX Spherical Torus
- 1990-1994: Deputy Head and Co-Principal Investigator on the Princeton Beta Experiment-Modification (PBX-M) Tokamak
- 1984-1990: Research Physicist, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory - developed plasma diagnostics on the Princeton Beta Experiment and the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor.
- 1980-1984: Staff Research Physicist, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory - investigated energetic ion physics on the Princeton Large Torus and the Poloidal Divertor Experiment.
- 1978-1980: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory - developed fast ion diagnostic involving charge-exchange analyzer and diagnostic neutral beam on Poloidal Divertor Experiment
Recent Papers & Publications
Some recent papers