Plasma Physics Laboratory
Plasma- Science and Technology
- Magnetic fusion
- Field-reversed Configuration
- Dynamic stabilization
- Advanced (aneutronic) fuels for
- Plasma thrusters for space
- Plasma recombination
Recent Papers &
the closed magnetic-field-line topology of a field-reversed
configuration (FRC) with the addition of static transverse
- "Maintaining the Closed
Magnetic-field-line Topology of a Field-reversed Configuration
(FRC) with the Addition of Static Transverse Magnetic Fields "
S.A. Cohen and R.D. Milroy (2000)
- "Permeation of hydrogen through
palladium," J. Park, T. Bennett, J. Schwarzmann, and S.A. Cohen,
J. Nucl. Mater. 220 (1995) 827.
- "An undergraduate laboratory course
taught in a concentrated-study format," S.A. Cohen et al. Bull.
Am. Phys. Soc, 40 (1995) 1689.
- "Experimental observations of steep
temperature gradients in dense magnetized plasmas," G. Chiu and
S.A, Cohen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76 (1996) 1248.
- "Comparisons of experimental
measurements and two-dimensional plasma-fluid numerical
simulations of a magnetized plasma column" G. S. Chiu and S. A.
Cohen. to appear in Physics of Plasmas, Oct 1996.
- "Arc Jets for divertor component
testing," S.A. Cohen, J. Balboni,and T. Munsat, to appear in J.
Nucl. Mater. Dec 1996.
- "Helium ash removal from a tokamak
plasma using radio frequency heating and ripple trapping," C.S.
Chang, S.A. Cohen, R. Majeski, M. Redi, and S. Zweben, Comments on
Plasma Physics 18, (1997) 235.
- "Plasma-neutral interaction in thermally
collapsed plasma," Jaeyoung Park, T.K. Bennett, M.J. Goeckner, and
S.A. Cohen, J. Nucl. Mater. 241-243, (1997) 489.
- "A source of hyperthermal neutrals for
materials processing," M.J. Goeckner, T.K. Bennett, and S.A.
Cohen, Applied Physics Lett. 71 (1997) 980.
- "A new plasma thruster," S.A. Cohen and
M.A. Paluszek, Launchspace, (1998) 46.
- "Operational characteristics of a hollow
cathode magnetron," Z. Wang and S.A. Cohen, J. Vac. Sci. and
Technol. (to appear Jan/Feb 1999).
- "Geometrical aspects of a hollow-cathode
planar magnetron," Z. Wang and S.A. Cohen (submitted to Phys.
- "Nitrogen atom energy distribution in a
hollow-cathode sputtering magnetron," Z. Wang, S.A. Cohen, D.N.
Ruzic, and M. Goeckner, (submitted to Phys Rev E).
- "Plasma detachment by three-body
recombination," J. Park and S.A. Cohen, (in prep).
- "A method to optimize the Jannson
deconvolution algorithm for spectral data," Z. Wang and S.A. Cohen
Heating in the Field-reversed Configuration (FRC) by Rotating
Magnetic Fields (RMF) Near Cyclotron Resonance" Samuel A. Cohen
and Alan H. Glasser
Fusion Power Plant without Plasma-Material Interactions
Atom Energy Distributions in a Hollow-cathode Planar Sputtering